AW: How to generate a runnable Mac standalone from Windows

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Thu Mar 18 04:01:53 EDT 2010

Hi Richard,
beeing for a long time only a windows user and developer I totally agree to
your arcticle that DMGs can be very confusing. Since I had no experience
with Mac, when I started to develop my latest product also for Mac, I asked
here on this list how to make an installer for Mac, and everybody taught me,
that I don't need an installer, Mac users are used to use DMGs and that’s so
easy. So I followed the advice and thought, hmm, ok probably it's my old
fashioned and not state of the art windows thinking, that I (and some of my
customers too) still feel confused and not intuitively guided to my App. But
just the intuitive operating should be the strength of the Mac, shouldn't it
be?
I would like to have an easy installer on Mac, like InnoSetup on Win.
My 2 Win cents
Tiemo