Custom Dialog Anomaly

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Thu Mar 18 00:34:20 EDT 2010

Hello from Fairhope,

I've always had problems with this for all my custom dialogs...

Everything with the modal dialogs works fine, except after accepting the
data an closing the stack, I have to click a couple of times to 'wake up'
the stack that called the dialog.

I am using dialogData (as an array) to pass the data back and forth to the
dialog. I also have to set the cursor manually back to arrow. Data for the
dialog is in the array and works.

       set the dialogData to tArrayA

      if tArrayA["assheet"] is 1

      then

            sheet stack "listdialog"

      else

            modal stack "listdialog"

      end if

      get the dialogData

      put it["return"] into  fld "LD_field_results" of card "launchcard" of
stack "listDialogLauncher"

      set the cursor to arrow

I'd really like to have clicks respond immediately after closing the dialog
without clicking twice. Do others have a cure for this? Really annoying.

thanks
-- sqb