View scripts of my standalone? - Major Security Issue

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Wed Mar 17 11:31:56 EDT 2010

To do a memory, or core dump on os x you'd need to launch the rev app yourself, instead of letting the os handle it (eg. via "launchctl", using the "limit" subcommand). Alternatively, you'd need to enable core dumping (disabled by default) by some other means.  You then terminate the rev process, most likely using "kill" by supplying a fault, like "SIGSEGV". Finally you'd need to find, decipher and interpret the dumped data.

So basically it's diving down deep into the unix shell bowels and muck around there. I cobbled these ideas together based on the following links, and haven't tried anything myself:

http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/documentation/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/man5/core.5.html
http://developer.apple.com/Mac/library/documentation/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/man1/launchctl.1.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signal_(computing)

--