View scripts of my standalone?

Kee Nethery kee at kagi.com
Wed Mar 17 09:23:24 EDT 2010

I have one stack that I deploy as a standalone. Most stacks I deploy using the updater so the actual thing going out to users is the stack with the .rev suffix removed. In this case, it's the stack saved as a standalone.

I'd like to see what I did in a previous version and I've just realized that unlike Hypercard where the app and stack get merged together and you can still go in and read the scripts ... RunRev seems to not use that mechanism. I don't seem to be able to open and view my stack in RunRev or even in a text editor now that it's in a standalone. It's not encrypted or anything. It's just a small stack converted to standalone.

Is there a way to view the scripts in the standalone or does runrev purposefully make that difficult?

I can recreate the solution that was in a previous version but I'd rather just re-use code that seemed adequate for the task that is no longer in my current version.

Thanks,
Kee Nethery