Confusing Errors

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Mar 16 11:16:22 EDT 2010

Dan Friedman wrote:

 > Executing at 5:44:49 PM on Monday, March 15, 2010
 > Type: Object: does not have this property
 > Object: button 'Save' of card 'card id 1002' of stack 'EditComment'
 > Line: put the IDNumber of currentTarget into fPane
 > Line Num: 0
 > Hint: field id 1104880 of group id 1104445 of card id 1002 of stack
 > 'ReportWindow'

 > Object does not have this property?  It's a custom property.  In
 > my experience, if a custom property doesn't exist, the value is
 > empty.  So, why an error?  Notice that "Line Num" is zero again.

I don't know about the first report, but errors dealing with "does not
have this property" are related to built-in properties, such as trying
to set the vScroll of a button or the htmlText of a stack.

Not sure why the line number is reported as zero.  I see those
sometimes, but very rarely.

Because the error reporting is using the same engine that encountered
the error, sometimes getting error info in Rev is like doing watch
repair where the only tool you have is another watch. ;)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World