Confusing Errors

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Tue Mar 16 11:15:08 EDT 2010

Hi Dan,

The Line Num may be zero because your stack is protected by a
password. Sometimes the debugging tools just don't work properly and
can't find the offending line. It also happens that the actual error
occurs in a Revolution script library, which the debugger can't figure
out.

Looking at the error message, I wonder whether you really put single
quotes about stack names. If so, this is probably a cause of errors.

Something might be wrong with the variable currentTarget. Perhaps, you
need to include something like:

if there is a currentTarget then
   -- your script
else
   beep
   answer error "Error: can't find" && currentTarget with "OK"
end if

It might help if you posted your script.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com

Economy-x-Talk is always looking for new software development
projects. Feel free to contact me for a quote.

Op 16 mrt 2010, om 15:55 heeft Dan Friedman het volgende geschreven: