Confusing Errors

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Tue Mar 16 10:55:25 EDT 2010

Greetings,

My standalone is is throwing some errors that I can't seem to figure out.   The errors are being thrown because I included the "Bug Reports" option when I generated the standalone.   Here is the error:

Executing at 12:10:02 AM on Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Type: Handler: error in source expression
Object: button 'Save' of card 'card id 1002' of stack 'EditComment'
Line: if the hilite of btn 'Lang1' of stack 'reportWindow' = true then
Line Num: 0
Hint: field id 1106932 of group id 1106552 of card id 1002 of stack
'ReportWindow'

Comments:

Why would the "Line Num" be zero?  The "if" is valid so I don't understand why there would be an "error is source expression".

Here is another one:

Executing at 5:44:49 PM on Monday, March 15, 2010
Type: Object: does not have this property
Object: button 'Save' of card 'card id 1002' of stack 'EditComment'
Line: put the IDNumber of currentTarget into fPane
Line Num: 0
Hint: field id 1104880 of group id 1104445 of card id 1002 of stack
'ReportWindow'

Object does not have this property?  It's a custom property.  In my experience, if a custom property doesn't exist, the value is empty.  So, why an error?  Notice that "Line Num" is zero again.

ANY thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Dan