adjusting speed of set arcangle of graphic

Nicolas Cueto niconiko at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 01:35:11 EDT 2010

Hello,

I use this script for a visual effect/illusion:

put 5 into gArcAngleDelay
repeat with i = 18 to 360 step 18
    set the arcAngle of graphic ID tID to i
    wait gArcAngleDelay milliseconds with messages
end repeat
set the arcAngle of graphic ID tID to 360

On the Win PC I develop on, the arcangle draw speed was just right;
but on my client machines, noticeably slower.

I guess the cause is the older CPU or insufficient memory of the
client machines.

If so, is there a way of coming up with a measurement that'll adjust
the variable gArcAngleDelay relative to the processing speed of a PC
machine?

Thank you.

--
Nicolas Cueto