ANN: old HTTP & FTP servers in RevTalk

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Mon Mar 15 13:14:57 EDT 2010

Folks,

I just found some code I made in 2004 that I thought I'd share. By that year
I was heavily experimenting with CGIs and RevTalk based servers and
implemented many different Web and FTP servers.

Just for the kicks, I am running it on my linux machines, take a look at:

http://home.soapdog.org:8080/

It is also running an FTP server at port 8021 but it appears you can't
connect to it due to some firewall misfiring.

As I dig cool stuff from yore, I will share it with this list. I just home
someone has some use for this. By the way, checkout the url mappings that
work similar to revIgniter where a url goes like
someStack/someCard/someMessage or someStack/someMessage allowing a sane way
to create user friendly urls and developer friendly code.

by the way, my connection is slow and this server has some field drawing for
each request that slows things down, so do not complain about speed. :D

Cheers
andre