Card Name space conflicts in the Rev IDE

Andre.Bisseret Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr
Mon Mar 15 11:46:52 EDT 2010

Le 15 mars 10 à 15:01, stephen barncard a écrit :

> But you didn't follow my recipe!! You renamed the cards in the
> application
> browser before looking.
>
> Look everyone, I know I look like a fool here, and now I know that
> it's
> possible with the App browser but I know what I am seeing and I
> think there
> is a bug here. I had been trying to use the Inspection panel
> exclusively
> without using the application browser at all. I was assuming that
> they would
> be working the same way.
>
> once again
>
> start with a clean IDE
>
> create new stack
> create substack
> *using only the inspector panel*, try to navigate and rename both
> first
> cards of the mainstack and substack respectively.
>
> you will find it is not possible.
>
> could someone please confirm this so I can report it.

Stephen,

I just created a main stack : I kept its name : Untitled 1
Then a substack of it also keeping its name : Untitled 2

Then using only the Inspector (never clicked elsewhere)

1 - In the menu "Inspect / stack" I checked "Untitled 1"
Then in the menu "Inspect / Card" I check "card ID 1002"
In the inspector I got the pane for "Card id 1002"
I changed this name for "cardOfUntitled1" (note that, just after
writing the name in the field, as an habit, I always click somewhere
on the pane (in the grey part: I noticed that it is often necessary in
order the change to be taken into account)

2 - In the menu "Inspect / stack" I checked "Untitled 2"
Then in the menu "Inspect / Card" I check "card ID 1002"
In the inspector I got the pane for "Card id 1002"
I changed this name for "cardOfUntitled2"

Now the name of the card of main stack "Untitiled 1" is
"CardOfUntitled1"
and the name of the card of substack "Untitled 2" is "CardOfUntitled2"

  so, provided that this was the recipe you were expecting, seems
possible to me

André