FTP behind a Firewall

Marcio Alexandroni marcio at cialogica.com.br
Mon Mar 15 10:24:56 EDT 2010

Hi,

If your FTP server is behind a firewall, it's likely that you can't connect
to the server using passive mode. The passive mode tries to open a second
connection in a random port given by the server and perhaps your firewall is
blocking it.

Turn passive mode off makes the server to open the connection back to the
client on port 20, but it may also be a problem if your machine does not
accept it.

Regards,

Marcio Alexandroni
www.cialogica.com.br