Cross platform design tool

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Mon Mar 15 01:13:07 EDT 2010

On 15/03/10 3:54 PM, "Randall Reetz" <randall at randallreetz.com> wrote:

> I don't want to say yes or no.  What I will say is that rev is a great
> environment for building a tool menu of most types.  But the drawing and
> painting primitives available are a bit 1980s (at least as compared with java
> and flash).  Can't for the life of me figure out why xtalk environments
> haven't kept pace with graphic engines and protocols.

They may not be quite on a par with Flash but they've actually improved
quite a bit over the last couple of versions. I was recently asked to add a
drawing tool to an electronic health record system we're developing for
medical students and I wasn't at all keen on the idea. However, a day or so
later I had something that looked and functioned much better than I could
have hoped for.

Terry...