Keyboard Menu Control Blocked?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sat Mar 13 02:06:44 EST 2010

> Any thoughts on how I can track down what is preventing my menu buttons
> from firing when triggered from the keyboard?

One thing that Richard told me that I didn't know was that "the
defaultMenuBar" actually works on Windows... not the same as on Mac, but it
solved a similar problem I had: my app had a toplevel stack and a palette -
the user would click on the palette to change a property and then the next
time they hit a keystroke to trigger a menu in the menubar on my toplevel
stack, it didn't trigger.

As it turns out, if you set the defaultMenuBar to the menubar of your
topStack, it will be the recipient of all menu key accelerators, regardless
of whether someone clicks on a non-toplevel stack or not.

So my suggestion would be to check if the defaultMenubar is being set, and
if not, to try setting it...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com