Substacks Editing and Visibility

Len Morgan len-morgan at crcom.net
Fri Mar 12 13:01:08 EST 2010

On 3/12/2010 11:50 AM, Mark Wieder wrote:
> Len-
>
> Friday, March 12, 2010, 9:41:42 AM, you wrote:
>

>> So my first question is: Can you have a separate "window"  composed of a
>> substack of the main window/stack, or are will I have to pull this out
>> as a separate stack file in order to see it?  The location looks ok and
>> as I said, the visible property is true.
>>
> go stack<subStackName>  should do the trick, if I understand the
> problem correctly.

That worked but I don't understand why.  I'd like to have that stack
just lurking around or minimized so I can bring it up when I want to
look at it.  Clicking back on my original stack seems to leave both
there and operational.  I'm just curious what "go stack xxx" does that
makes it pop up when I've already "start(ed) using stack xxx"
>> My second question has to do with editing substacks.  CAN I edit a
>> substack or do I have to pull it out, edit it, and then put it back as a
>> substack of the main stack?
>>
> Editing substacks shouldn't be a problem. Are you saying you're unable
> to do this or haven't you tried it yet?

I haven't tried yet but I remember something on the list about editing
substacks.  It could have been that someone had both a substack and a
"real" stack by the same name in the same folder and they we'ren't
seeing the changes in the substack because they were editing the "real"
stack.  I'm sure this will probably work though.

len