RevBrowser.... help needed

David Coker davidocoker at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 21:22:34 EST 2010

I've started working on my first RevBrowser enabled application and
have run into the proverbial brick wall.

Rather than taking a chance on messing up my real stack, I made a test
stack with a functional web browser (finally). The stack contains a
tab control where one tab has a large edit field and in the other tab
I want to display the browser. I'm using the "hide group" method to
navigate the tabs.

After several hours of trying different approaches, I've yet to find a
way to hide the browser control when on the "other" tab. Since the
browser is an entirely different window, I can't seem to hide it
behind anything and it wants to stay on top regardless of what I do.
I'm too tired to continue messing with it tonight, so my next attempt
will be to somehow move it off the viewable area of the stack. the put
it back when the other tab is clicked. In the meanwhile...

...has anyone else already accomplished this and if so, would you be
so kind as to share your secret(s)?
This project is at a dead stall until I can make this work, otherwise
I'll have to shuck some of the planned functionality and re-think the
entire thing from the start. :-(

Best regards,
David C.