Stacks and Standalones

Andrew Kluthe andrew at rjdfarm.com
Tue Mar 9 12:00:40 EST 2010

I am trying to package up a little preview of my app so far for my boss and
am running into a few large snags.

Saving as a stand alone (with all the guides I have been following) mangles
the program and it crashes.
Stack runner 2.0 runs the program mostly fine but it cannot find substacks
to my Main.rev.

Main.rev has several substacks "TopMenu" being one of them, but stack runner
produces this revError
Executing at 10:36:21 AM on Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Type: Chunk: can't find stack
Object: card id 1002 of stack "TopMenu" of stack "C:/Rev/FOM2/main.rev"
Line: put (the height of stack sMainStack + 30) + (the height of stack
"TopMenu" + 30) + (the height of stack "Help" + 30) into sReportHeight
Line Num: 4
Hint: buddy

I am a little confused on how to refer to stacks/files/etc within rev. My
program works fine within the IDE but is nearly totally broken no matter
what stand alone solution I use.

The layout of my app is as follows:

Main.Rev has substacks --> "Calendar", "Help", "libSQLYoga", "Reports",
"Resources", "SideMenu", "TopMenu"

LeaseStack.rev has substacks --> "Edit Fields", "Edit Lease", "Edit
Payments"

Setup.rev has substacks --> "People Setup"

How would I refer to "TopMenu"? Currently it is 'stack "TopMenu"'.
How would I refer to "Edit Fields" of LeaseStack.rev from withing main.rev?
currently its stack "LeaseStack"

Surely my stand alone problems have to do with my code because they are so
universal to all the solutions I have tried.

Any help or direction you could provide would be fantastic. If I need to
clarify at all, please let me know.

Thanks,
Andrew