Application graphics

Malte Pfaff-Brill revolution at derbrill.de
Tue Mar 9 03:58:46 EST 2010

Throwing in my 2 cents here:

I benchmarked setting the text of an image versus using the Icon of a button a while back and it turned out that setting the icon was a multitude faster.
So I advocate for using png images on a different card and then using a button object as a placeholder to display the animation. I think I had a stack on the old revonline that demonstrated downsides of using gif and that showed how to do it with pngs. I can not currently log on to the new revOnline. Once I can I will reupload the stack.

All the best,

Malte