Application graphics

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 00:56:00 EST 2010

On 09/03/2010 00:51, Scott Rossi wrote:

>> How about animations?
>>
> PNG may not be as convenient for animation as something like animated GIF,
> but you can create animations by showing PNGs sequentially in an image
> object (set the text of image "viewer" to the text of image
> "frame1.png"...), or by sequentially setting the icon of a button to the IDs
> of PNGs.

Well . . . you can do that with any format that RunRev can cope with,
although
it does seem terribly clunky, or, Heaven forfend that I should let the
phrase
pass out my gab: "terribly Hypercardy".

The advantage of this method is that it is easier to control things such
as animation
speed than with animated GIFs.