Comma-delimited values

David Coker davidocoker at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 14:51:51 EST 2010

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 12:55 PM, Richard Gaskin
<ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:
<rant>
CSV must die.

Please help it die:  never write CSV exporters.
</rant>

After my last foray into the world of CSV and the *many* problems I
ran into, I decided to take Richard's little rant a step further...

...Not only will I not ever write a CSV exporter, but I will no longer
attempt to support CSV, even as an import option for anything I build.

That policy may make a few folks unhappy and/or possibly cost me a few
sales should I go that route, but with certainty, it will not
perpetuate the problem from either end in the future.

I think I'd prefer the competition (if any), to have all of those
support issues they want. ;-)

Regards,
David C.