missing field in aplication browser

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Mar 8 13:23:37 EST 2010

Peter Haworth wrote:

> Grouping and ungrouping objects by selecting them on a card works great
> in simple situations but when you have multiple levels of nested groups
> or hidden fields or even hidden groups (as recommended for tab controls
> for example), it can be a nightmare to add or delete an object.  I'm
> wondering if I'm missing something and perhaps there's another way to
> add an object to a field without ungrouping  and regrouping?

When I have that situation, I bypass the IDE entirely and just use the
message box. It's way faster. If the control already exists, you can do
this:

  copy btn "myNewButton" to grp "myDeeplyNestedGroup"

Then just delete the original from the card. If instead you want to make
a new control:

  create btn "newButton" in grp "myDeeplyNestedGroup"

After that, you can select the new control and set properties normally
if selectGroupedControls is true. Or alternately you can set the
templateButton, or templateField, or whatever, with all the properties
first and then issue the create command.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com