Windows Portable???

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Mon Mar 8 12:56:48 EST 2010

> I actually liked the U3 idea, because it let developers
> safely allow installs on removable media so they could be
> used anywhere. It's all about DRM.
> At Revcon II there was a guy from the company that gave a a
> half hour demonstration. Lynn, you were there.

Yes, indeed - I invited them :-)

>  I immediately lost interest when it was announced to be a
> "windows only"
> feature. Judging by the number of Power/Macbooks in the
> crowd, I wasn't alone.
>
> It was an odd moment of Rev promoting a platform-specific feature.

That's true - but consider also that it wouldn't be in Runtime's interest to
narrow all promotion to the cross-platform message. Cross platform is a key
product feature of Revolution, and it does it so very well. But if you are
also developing only for one platform that isnt the Mac, it shouldn't be
dismissed either as a solution.

There are Windows focused developers out there that have a negative gut
reaction (still) with products tightly associated with Mac. Whatever your
feelings about them, they still use the same type of currency as other OS
users :-)

One of the things I am very pleased about with releases after Revolution 3
was that Rev wasn't so tightly associated with the Mac. The more units that
sell, the better funded all Revolution development is.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President
Paradigma Software