The Linux problem, and a suggestion

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Mar 5 19:12:14 EST 2010

Richard Gaskin wrote:
> At the heart of Rev's part in this is that Rev is still using
> fixed-resolution coordinates, while Gnome uses resolution-independent
> geometry.  Firefox is the same as Rev in this regard, which explains why
> the content region in FF matches what you see in Rev almost perfectly,
> even though both of them differ from the OS.
> :

I did look at the links, and they were very interesting and suggestive.  But
its not exactly what I see.  I am using Fluxbox on Debian, I open Rev, and
the Rev menu strip looks about in 4 point, and right next to it is Firefox,
which is perfectly reasonable and about 12 point.  I can send you a
screenshot.  It is almost unusable.  So something else is going on, other
than Gnome, and other than Ubuntu.

Peter