The Linux problem, and a suggestion

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Mar 5 07:30:33 EST 2010

Richmond, try it on a 22 inch or larger monitor.  See if you still feel the
same.  You won't.  Or if you do now, you won't in five years.  And if you
offer it to anyone without 20/20 sight, they won't.

The problem is, the sensible way of working that we have gotten used to in
Linux is multiple desktops.  Not the end of the world not to have it, you
might be able to overcome an apps limitations in this respect by going to a
bigger screen.  I did, only because my old one blew up.

But if you do, the size of the Rev app shrinks in proportion to the increase
in screen size.  There is just no way around it.  I don't know what all
other Linux apps do to avoid this, but they do something.