AW: AW: OT: locking software to one specific machine?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Fri Mar 5 02:48:00 EST 2010

Hi Brian,

from our experiences we can't require an internet connection. Actually we
thought so, but also allowed an offline registration method as fall back. At
our customers about 10% of the target machines don't have any internet
connection, and that would be too much for us to exclude and we are happy we
can provide the offline registration method. May be, it varies on your
target market.

The other point is that your method also wouldn't be a per user license as
Richard and the others favorises. If a key is expired for use on one machine
the user can't use it again on his other machine. If you would allow that
(how ever), he could pass his key to everybody, and your system is broken.

Tiemo