Interfacing to Mac iCal and Address Book

Thomas McGrath III mcgrath3 at mac.com
Fri Mar 5 00:02:28 EST 2010

Peter, You have Automator scripts/apps and Applescript to choose from. Automator has been updated with many new commands ready for interaction with these apps but Applescripts can be embedded in RunRev custom properties and run via do script as. Here is a list of some of the commands.

Automator iCal:
Delete iCal Event
Event Summary
Filter iCal Items
Find iCal Items
Get Specified iCal Items
New Calendar
New iCal Event
New To Do Item

Automator Contacts/Address Book:
Export vCards
Filter Address Book Items
Find Address Book Items
Find People with Birthdays
Get Contact Information
Get Selected Address Book Items
Get Specified Address Book Items
Group Mailer

Applescript Address Book:
add
remove
save
address
AIM Handle, etc.
email
contact info
custom date
group
phone
person
url
perform action
action title, etc.
duplicate
save, etc.
exists
make
move

Applescript iCal:
create calendar
reload calendars
switch view
view calendar
GetURL
show
display alarm
mail alarm
sound alarm
open file alarm
attendee
todo
event
open, close, print,count
duplicate
exists
make
move

Tom McGrath III
Lazy River Software
3mcgrath at comcast.net

iTunes Library Suite - libITS
Information and download can be found on this page:
http://www.lazyriversoftware.com/RevOne.html