very strange rev behavior

rand valentine jrvalent at wisc.edu
Thu Mar 4 21:51:52 EST 2010

For some reason, Rev has started taking 50 times as long to open as it used
to, and the menus are so slow as to be completely unusable. I thought the
program was frozen, just a spinning beach ball for minutes on end as it
started up, then slowly it went through the process of opening and finally
opened. But choosing any menu item just creates a spinning beach ball that
lasts for several minutes. Clicking on the Close button in a window also
produces a good minute of beach ball spinning. I downloaded a new copy of
Rev and installed it, same problem. It seems to only be Rev that is affected
by this, though it seems to be REV vs OS interface issue. I thought perhaps
some Preferences file was trashed but replaced those I could find. I'm
running Enterprise version 4.0 under Mac OS X Server Verision 10.5.8, on a
Power Mac 2.66Gz Quad Core Intel Xeon with 8Gb of memory. I SOOOO miss Rev,
I hadn't realized how important it is to my daily workflow!

Rand Valentine
University of Wisconsin-Madison