RevMobile first impressions?

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 18:04:11 EST 2010

> Sarah, thanks for the first impressions.
>
> Question: what would you recommend for someone who knows xcode and obj-c
> inside-out? I like Rev just fine, but paying what amounts to $1000 for
> something I could do for free...
>
> Do you see any major features in RevMobile that would set it apart for
> someone otherwise that would give it a leg up?

As far as the iPhone/iPad go, if you are already an expert in
XCode/Obj-C, then I'd stay there. revMobile is really for people who
don't want to have to become XCoders, but do want to deploy on mobile
devices. I think it will result in much faster development, but it
won't offer any extra features and I think it is unlikely to allow
access to the full iPhone API.

But as with Rev itself, revMobile will allow cross-platform
development, so you can also deploy on Windows Mobile and Maemo, where
XCode is for Apple devices only.

Cheers,
Sarah