use-revolution Digest, Vol 77, Issue 71

Luis luis at anachreon.co.uk
Thu Mar 4 05:58:31 EST 2010

Hiya,

Anyone mentioned LiveQuartz yet? http://www.livequartz.com/

What about Pixen? http://opensword.org/pixen/

Pixel Studio Pro (was Pixel), was cheap (one small fee, chuck it on
all your home machines): http://www.pixelstudiopro.com/ Don't know
the status as yet.
This was on a par with Photoshop (ok, a tad quirky....).

Blender does have a 'steep' learning curve but it doers have a lot to
offer!

Personally, for 3D I use Cheetah 3D: http://www.cheetah3d.com/ The
price is totally worth it.

I don't know if the new Macs still come with OmniGraffle, if they do,
it might be worth a look for vector work.

Cheers,

Luis.