File Associations?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Mar 3 01:40:45 EST 2010

Recently, Scott Morrow wrote:

> Are you trying to set the registry under Vista without administrative
> privileges? (If UAC is enabled, and it is by default, then even if you are the
> primary admin user of the system you won't have sufficient privileges to set
> the registry.  If you are testing this from the IDE, before launching, right
> click Rev and choose to "Run as administrator")

I am using an installer (Inno Setup) to modify the registry and I am running
as administrator.  I believe the keys are being set correctly because I can
view them using RegEdit.

> If this isn't the trouble then I would be happy to send you code that I'm
> using in an application, though I struggled with Ken's directions (I think his
> directions are fine and I was glad to have the advice but my previous
> experience with the subject was nil) and still have no great understanding
> myself.

If you don't mind, I would like to see your code.  Very little is working
for me compared to what folks have explained in the mail list archives.

> For documents launching multiple instances see < relaunch >  in the dictionary
> where there is a note to look at an example stack.

In my stack, the relaunch message is apparently not being called for some
reason.  I've tried placing it in the stack script and in a stack script
behavior, and still nothing is happening.  Still trying to figure out what's
going on.

Thanks Scott.

Regards,

Scott Rossi