File Associations?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Tue Mar 2 23:43:59 EST 2010

I'm still trying to get Windows file associations on Vista worked out over
here and am looking for suggestions.

I've set up registry entries based on Ken Ray's tips:
<http://tinyurl.com/yfmdsht> and everything appears to in place.  But
documents created by my app continue to show up as generic icons.
Double-clicking them brings up the "What program do you want to use to
open...?" dialog and my app is listed there, but I can't get Vista to
properly display the document icon contained in the standalone.

Also, I don't understand how to implement the following so that
double-clicked documents open my app:

on openStack
  put $0 into theAppPath
  put $1 into theDocToOpen
  -- stuff here to launch the doc in my app?
end openStack

Currently double-clicking my documents launches multiple instances of my
app.  I'm using a splash/data stack app setup, and I've tried to pass the
doc name to an Open File menu routine.  Does the above need to go in the
splash standalone, or can it go in card script of my data stack?  Am I right
in passing the doc name to my Open File handler?  Do I need to do something
else?

Thanks for any advice...

Regards,

Scott Rossi