Scripting systemWindow

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Tue Mar 2 16:12:56 EST 2010

Heh heh. Been there, done that. I think that's why setting the property to *NOT* the property is a better way to go. Less moving parts.

I think of properties as variables that remain persistent and are global by nature. Obviously they are a different kind of animal, as anyone on this list will be quick to point out, but from a programmatical point of view it serves me well.

One other advantage to accessing a property directly is I can tell any time I want what is in the property. With Variables, I have to be running a script, either in a script or in the message box.

That bit of wisdom and $2.40 will get you a venti brew with 5 shots of your favorite syrup at your local Starbucks.

Bob