fonts: what is a "point" in Linux/Gnome?

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Mon Mar 1 19:05:59 EST 2010

Hi Richard.

It may be rather tedious, but when I developed in Foxpro, there were always these kinds of issues. What a font looked like in Windows was NOT what it looked like in the Mac OS.

So the initialization program set up variables with fonts and sizes based upon what platform you were running at the time. What would REALLY be nice, is if there were properties in Rev for Default Field Font, Default Label Font, Default Button font etc, with sizes and styles to match. Then it would be a simple matter of changing the defaults depending on what platform you were running.

As is, you have to do repeat loops on all your objects until a better fix can be had.

Bob