Location parameters in Size Inspector for stack

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jun 30 12:00:51 EDT 2010

Michael D Mays wrote:
> On Jun 30, 2010, at 12:16 AM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>
>> The default value for maxWidth and maxHeight is the topmost limit
>> of the allowable stack size. So if you click the up arrow, you're
>> going to go off into the weeds; the size will be an abstraction.
>> The fix would be to script the inspector not to accept larger
>> values than the maximum. You could report that in the Quality
>> Control Center if you feel like it. <http://quality.runrev.com/>
>
> I think that 65535 is the largest unsigned 16 bit integer. Clicking
> the up arrow makes it 1 0000 0000 0000 0000 If the magical engine
> thinks it is getting a 16 bit integer it throws away the 1 and calls
> it zero. This is what I see if I ask the stack what its width is in
> the message box.

Yes, I think you're right. It makes sense.

> But why me and not you?

I get it too. When I said I couldn't reproduce the problem (or
"reproduct" if you prefer) I didn't know exactly what you were doing.
Once you gave a recipe I got the same results.

> When you tab through the fields and reach the last one do you have to
> tab ten more times before going back to the first?

Only if the objects in between have their traversalOn set to true.
Remember that on other operating systems, you can tab into buttons and
other controls, so that's what's happening even though on a Mac you
can't see the selection outline.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com