Location parameters in Size Inspector for stack

Michael D Mays michael at michaelsmanias.com
Wed Jun 30 11:12:44 EDT 2010

On Jun 30, 2010, at 12:16 AM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> The default value for maxWidth and maxHeight is the topmost limit of the allowable stack size. So if you click the up arrow, you're going to go off into the weeds; the size will be an abstraction. The fix would be to script the inspector not to accept larger values than the maximum. You could report that in the Quality Control Center if you feel like it. <http://quality.runrev.com/>

I think that 65535 is the largest unsigned 16 bit integer. Clicking the up arrow makes it
1 0000 0000 0000 0000
If the magical engine thinks it is getting a 16 bit integer it throws away the 1 and calls it zero. This is what I see if I ask the stack what its width is in the message box.

But why me and not you?

When you tab through the fields and reach the last one do you have to tab ten more times before going back to the first?

Michael