Drag & Drop question

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 30 00:54:47 EDT 2010

I think the button you're dragging along will get in the way of the drop. It's better to update the dragImage rather than try and move a 'shadow' button around the card; besides, it won't show once your drag goes outside the window.

Add an image, set its name to "DragImage" and hide it. Then use the following code:
##
on dragStart
   set the itemdel to tab
   set the label of btn "DragData" to \
          item 2 of the hilitedText of me
   export snapshot from btn "DragData" \
          to image "DragImage" as PNG
   set the dragImage to the short id of image "DragImage"
   set the dragData["text"] to the hilitedText of me
   pass dragStart
end dragStart
##

You can always play around with the dragImageOffset to better align the dragImage with the cursor.

HTH,

Jan Schenkel.
=====
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>

=====