Sorting lines by variable directions and types

James Hurley jhurley0305 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 29 23:11:52 EDT 2010

> Message: 22
> Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 23:14:00 -0500
> From: Ken Ray <kray at sonsothunder.com>
> Subject: Re: Sorting lines by variable directions and types
> To: Use Revolution List <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>

>> Is there some slight of hand I can perform on the variables
>> tDirection
>> and tType to make my one-liner functional, i.e.
>>
>>     sort lines of  tList   MagicOperator(tDirection)
>> MagicOperator(tType) by word 1 of each
>
> You should be able to use "do" for this:
>
>  do "sort lines of tList" && tDirection && tType && "by word 1 of
> each"
>

> Ken Ray
> Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
> Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
> Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/

Ah, the "DO" command. I remember now hearing about it on this list in
times long gone by.

I always felt there was always something a little mysterious and
miraculous about it.

I think there must have been a "DO" command involved when the Sun
stood still for Joshua.

Don't explain it to me. I need a little mystery in my  life right now.

Suffice it to say that it works. Thanks.

Jim Hurley