snapshot and background problems

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Tue Jun 29 13:45:23 EDT 2010

Recently, Michael D Mays wrote:

> So when I do something like
> set the filename of image "Image" to filepath
> that data is 'the text of the image or just 'the image' which backs the image
> in its original format.

The image data is not part of the stack -- you create a reference to the
external image file.  This is useful when you have lots of images that don't
all need to be loaded in memory at the same time.

> How do I put the image in an image into a variable or property?

Two ways I can think of:

1) import paint from file (filename of img "myImageRef")
    put the text of last img into myVar
    delete last img

2) export snapshot from rect (rect of img "myImageRef") of img
"myImageRef" to myVar as PNG

There may be other ways.

Regards,

Scott Rossi