specialFolderPath question

Klaus on-rev klaus at major.on-rev.com
Mon Jun 28 12:12:42 EDT 2010

Hi charles61,

> I have the following script (partial script to save space) in an altAccordion
> group. When the user clicks on selection_1 the user is not always taken to
> the path indicated in the script. In these situations, the user is taken to
> the last path, which may selection_2. I thought that the path in the script
> would always take the user to that path
>
> on mouseUp
>   put the hilitedLine of field "Student Plans" into the_selection
>
>   if the_selection is 1
>   then
>      answer file "Open Student Plans file:" with
> specialFolderPath("documents") & "/Plans_Student"
>
> Why does this happen? And, how can I insure that the user will always go the
> path indicated by (specialFolderPath("documents") & "/Plans_Student")?

I think you cannot add a FILENAME to "answer file"! (What if the fiel does not exist?)
Leave the "/Plans_Studet" and it will work!
answer file "Open Student Plans file:" with specialFolderPath("documents")
## WORKS!

You could add this to the prompt:
 answer file "Open file <Plans_Studet>:" with...
And then check if the user chose the right file.

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major