snapshot and background problems

Michael D Mays michael at michaelsmanias.com
Sun Jun 27 22:48:09 EDT 2010

I have a revBrowser and I want to take a snapshot of it and save the image on a card and do this a lot of times for many pages.
I can take a snapshot of revBrowser and save the file:
	export snapshot from rect "0,0,100,100" to "aFile.png" as png .
How do I save a copy of the snapshot to an image on the card? I have tried
 	export snapshot from rect "0,0,100,100 to someVar
	set the imagedata of image "myimage" to someVar
and I have used the revBrowserSnapshot command also but all I get is garbage in the image. The rect of the snapshot is three times larger than the rect of the image.

It seems that if I have an image and a field in a group on a card with the "behave as background" property checked I can use that group as a template on that card with the create card command. The field has a sharedText property. Does the image have a shredImage property I can turn off. If I can't do I just create a new image on each new card.

Thanks,
Michael