[OT] Mac PPC and USB2 ?

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sun Jun 27 12:19:12 EDT 2010

Richmond-

Sunday, June 27, 2010, 8:54:39 AM, you wrote:

> A girlfriend once sent me a card from Saudi Arabia (1979) and I got it (in
> England) 5 months later with stamps from South Korea; but the best has
> to be a
> letter somebody posted me from Applecross (on the west coast of Scotland)
> to my house (at St Andrews on the east coast of Scotland) it arrived with
> a Canadian postmarking!

My tale:

Some years ago we were working in Mozambique. I had a birthday coming
up and my parents, planning ahead, sent me a card a month ahead of
time to ensure that it would arrive by the proper day. It did, and in
fact arrived a couple of days early. But it had been rubber-stamped
"missent to Manila". Now I can understand this: someone in a post
office somewhere simply filed the envelope in a pigeonhole in the "M"
section of the office and got "Manila" instead of "Maputo". I have no
doubt that these are right next to each other in the office.

What got to me, though, is that this happens often enough that someone
in the Manila post office made a rubber stamp to handle the situation.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net