Stupid question number 666

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 05:22:19 EDT 2010

On 06/27/2010 12:09 PM, Mike Bonner wrote:
> The Answer: http://www.regular-expressions.info/
>
> matchtext, matchchunk and replacetext use regex, many languages have
> it in some form or another.
>
> > From the dictionary for matchtext:
>
> " Tip:  Revolution implements regular expressions compatible with the
> PCRE library. For detailed information about regular expression
> elements you can use with this function, see the PCRE manual at
> http://www.pcre.org/man.txt "
>
> Regular Expressions can either be really fun and helpful, or a
> horrific nightmare depending on the day, the circumstances and which
> side of the bed you slept on the night before.

Thank you very much; at least that web-page seems to be slightly easier to
understand than Wikipedia!

As I slept slap in the middle of my bed last night and the cat kept
doing flying
leaps onto me all night from the window sill I should have absolutely no
trouble at all understanding that minefield of information . . .   :(