Help with drill-down script

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Jun 23 13:46:02 EDT 2010

> Anyway, there's one feature: the first card is an
> index of all the cards in the stack. In HC, all
> you need to do is start typing and as you add
> letters, the selected line changes to reflect
> what you've typed. When you get to what you want,
> you hit return and that takes you to the
> respective card.
>
> Anyway, it's not working in Rev.

One thing to remember when coming from HC is that in Rev you have true list
fields, so you don't need to "fake" it with selecting a chunk of text in a
locked field.

As Jacque posted, all you need to do is (1) make your index field into a
list field by setting its listBehavior to "true", (2) make sure the
'traversalOn' of the list field is "true" (otherwise you can't get the
keystroke), and (3) use a script like Jacque provided to grab the user's
keystroke with the 'keydown"  handler.

To activate what is currently highlighted, you can trap for the
"returnInField" and  "enterInField" messages, grab the currently highlited
line and then do what you want:

on returnInField
  put the hilitedText of me into tItemSelected
  -- Now do something with it (tItemSelected will
  -- contain the text of the line that has the highlight)
end returnInField

Sounds great!

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.