[OT] Computer news from Kassel

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Wed Jun 23 12:07:36 EDT 2010

To some extent you have a point, but software bugs are a bit trickier. What some people call bugs are really not. Some bugs are extremely obscure, and only affect a very small number of people. Some bugs have a workaround, and so are not critical. For a company to devote all their resources to resolving these kinds of bugs is NOT good business, ESPECIALLY when the sales model is subscription based. People want to see at least one good release each year because they are paying for free upgrades.

I recall an old saying that there's no such thing as bug free software. Or to put it another way, to try and make software bug free would cost too much.

Bob