ObjectList as a variable won't go?

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 21 10:06:06 EDT 2010

On Jun 21, 2010, at 6:18 AM, Mark Schonewille wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> Have you actually tried it, keeping the list of references in a
> variable while not using the do command?

You are correct, Mark, the DO command is necessary here.

I got focused on the early errors in the script that mean the string
would not have a chance of working.

-1-  line 1 probably gives a value for X that is too high
> put number of grps of grp Workarea into X

-2- the oList string is being build without quotes
> put "grp" &&  ("GP" & i) && "and " after oList

Both of which would lead to errors, even using the DO command.

A long time ago I built a group manipulation set of scripts that did
not require the DO command, but I cannot find it now.
Obviously I did not use
      select stringOfObjectNames

Glad you echoed back about this.
I guess 5 AM on Monday is not the best time to answer complex questions.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas