make standalone (was 2 quick questions)

Mark Smith Mark_Smith at cpe.umanitoba.ca
Sat Jun 19 23:03:17 EDT 2010

Mark and Bob, thank you so much for your responses. (In particular Mark, your Standalone conference stack was a big help).
Now I have but a few questions (sorry, somedays I do feel like an idiot!)

It looks like I have 2 options for my Startup stack

1. In the stack script put:

on startup
   hide this stack
   close this stack
   go to stack the utargetstack of this stack
end startup

2. Put this (or something like it)

on preopenstack
   lock screen to true
   set visible to false
   open "real" stack....
end preopenstack

Q1 What is the difference between the startup and preopenstack messages?
Q2 I realize I probably need a list of revtalk messages (with descriptions) but couldn't find one. Any suggestions???
Q3 "utargetstack" is a variable? Where is it defined... (the target stack in my case will be called "Notepad3")

Thanks again... oh, 1 other tangential question for either of you. Mark, in your Standalone stack I noticed the forward/back buttons were skinned. Is there a
tutorial around on how to do that?

I feel like  a 3 year old that keeps asking "Why?" to every answer!

-- Mark