Checkbox script

charles61 cszasz at mac.com
Sat Jun 19 09:18:01 EDT 2010

I have a series of ten checkboxes. I am trying to script them so that when
checkboxes are checked, names are put into variables and then put into a
field "disability". I tried the following script using just two checkboxes,
checka, checkb, to test my script:

Checka Script:
on mouseUp
   if the hilite of me =true
   then
      put "Egg Allergy" & space after tConcat
      put tConcat into field "disability"
   else
      filter field "disability" without "*Egg Allergy*"
   end if
end mouseUp

Checkb Script:
on mouseUp
   if the hilite of me =true
   then
      put "Fish Allergy" & space after tConcat
      put tConcat into field "disability"
   else
      filter field "disability" without "*Fish Allergy*"
   end if
end mouseUp

Unfortunately, this script does not put "Egg Allergy" followed by "Fish
Allergy" into field "disability" when both checkboxes are checked. Instead,
only "Egg Allergy" or "Fish Allergy" are inserted into the field. According
to the Rev documentation, this should work. Does anyone have a suggestion
how I can get I both of these variables into the field?