[OT] Installing Linux fonts

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 17 16:13:11 EDT 2010

Wolfgang, if this were the only problem, then every reboot would take care of
all the font problems, until you installed more fonts.

That is not my experience.  It varies from distro to distro, but my
experience is that after very many reboots, you still have a situation where
Rev fails to see some installed fonts, and sees other fonts that are not
installed, and that it is the only app with these problems in relation to
these fonts.

The cause of this, if it persists after reboot, cannot surely be the cache?

OT:  "If you don't want that the user have to use..."  Should be, if you
don't want the user TO HAVE TO USE.  You can't 'want that' someone does
something.  Dunno why, but it sounds wrong.  I know, its awful.  I often
have had the feeling in Europe and speaking a foreign language that it was
like trying to play a piano with gloves on.