no go?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Jun 17 14:51:15 EDT 2010

DunbarX at aol.com wrote:
> Colin.
>
> If you try to navigate to a stack not explicitly listed in the "Search
> Paths" cards of the home stack (pertains to files as well) you get a dialog
> asking where it is. This is what I would have expected. But no such feedback,
> except for the result being set.

As mentioned, the stackfiles is a sort of substitute for what HC had.
Rev will only recognize stacks by their short name if they are already
in RAM. It does, however, allow you to refer to stacks by their
filename, and if you do that they will open as you expect. I.e.:

   go stack "folder/folder/stackname.rev"

If you don't know the file path and are trying to open a stack that
isn't already listed in the stackfiles, then what you experienced is
just how it is. HC had a built-in fallback option which is trivial to
implement yourself in Rev:

go stack "notInRAM"
if the result is not empty then
   answer file "Where is notInRAM?"