[OT] Installing Linux fonts

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 05:30:45 EDT 2010

On 06/14/2010 10:59 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> Peter Alcibiades wrote:
>> Richmond, one sees no signs they are even working on this - and other
>> problems.  Are expressions of anger and impatience any less
>> productive than
>> compliant silence?  This is not an excusable way for a company to
>> behave!
>
> Yes, anger on a publicly searchable list can be damaging, and as such
> is less productive than other methods. Richmond is right: RR is doing
> exactly what they need to be doing right now.
>
> If you would like a more productive outlet, pony up for Enterprise.
> One of the perks for that level of subscription is that you can join
> the Improve list where you'll be able to participate in the process
> that helps form the future of the product. The NDA info you'll receive
> will also alleviate the silence you feel RR keeps.
>
> I don't know of any other commercial software companies that announce
> their intentions to the general public before a release is final.
> Apple even fires people who mention what product they're working on next.

"pony up for Enterprise"

I am surprised to hear that very English phrase from 'tother side of the
pond . . .  :)

I wonder if it might not be an idea for RunRev to have sort of
membership thing, where folk
who cannot or won't 'pony up' for Enterprise can pay an annual fee to
take part in the Improve
list?