So you CAN build an OS X app from another system...

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sun Jun 13 13:12:13 EDT 2010

Richard-

Saturday, June 12, 2010, 2:37:05 PM, you wrote:

> Zipping does work from Windows, which is what I'm doing now (with a note
> to the user that they have to unzip it; a drag, but I can't find a way
> around that.

Got it.

On an xp box I created an OSX standalone and zipped it.
I put the zip file into a custom property of a stack.
I copied the stack onto a flash drive and moved it to a mac.
I ran the following function on the mac.

Ditto preserves the executable bit, unzip does not.

on mouseUp pMouseBtnNo
    local tDestination
    local tFileName
    local tTempFile

    answer folder "Where do you want to place the mac application?"
    if it is not empty then
        put it into tDestination
        put tempname() into tFileName
        put "binfile:" & tFileName into tTempFile
        put the uInstallFile of this stack into url tTempFile

        get shell("ditto -xk" && tFileName && tDestination)
        delete file tFileName
    end if
end mouseUp

--